- Physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) aims to enhance and restore functional ability and quality of life to those with physical impairments or disabilities. This service will complement the Orthopaedics program.
- Rehabilitation services including Physical Therapy (PT) will provide follow-up treatments for patients seen within the AMNM Clinic
After initial evaluation a treatment plan is developed with the therapist based upon the results of the assessment and a discussion on goals. Treatment may include:
- Exercise: an exercise program may help maintain or gain mobility by increasing strength, range of motion, endurance, balance and coordination
- Equipment: may be used to help with mobility, balance or positioning, such as crutches, canes, walkers or wheelchairs
- Education: will be provided for the patient as well as the caregiver